<<< prev |
Rest and renewal tips for caregivers
- Hire a sitter or an aide for occasional events or on a regular basis.
- Arrange for other family members or friends to provide care.
- Use a nursing home or assisted living facility for planned vacations of a week or more.
- Use a day hospital or adult day care.
- Get a family member or friend to take on some responsibility regularly, such as paying bills, taking your loved one for a daily walk, giving a bath and shampoo.
- Change your expectations for yourself: let the housework go more than you like, for example.
- Meditate or pray.
- Recognize that for some people, nursing homes or assisted living facilities are the best option.
To learn more about the book "Handbook for Mortals" click here.